Bon Air Christian Church
Based on historical records, this is one of only two remaining historical buildings in the quaint Bon Air community. Rich with history, this area was first developed as a resort with many structures built in Victorian-style architecture. The church dates back to 1882, so it was key that any expansion project would have to be thoughtfully designed to blend seamlessly with the existing facilities.
Taking a design-build approach to the project, the team designed a 4,500 square foot addition to hold new educational classrooms and a fellowship hall. Details included rich architectural finishes, trim and casework. Additionally, much emphasis was placed on recreating the historical exterior siding. Specifications called for ‘kiln-dried, knot-free’ cedar siding to meet architectural preservation guidelines. A material, that today, is extremely uncommon. This part of the project involved working with multiple suppliers throughout the country to secure just the right materials.