Henrico County Fire Station #8
The design of Henrico County Fire Station #8 included multiple bunk rooms, shared work space, offices, fitness area, gourmet kitchen open to a dining/day room, and an outdoor patio area. Two apparatus bays can be accessed from both the front and rear of the building.
It was imperative throughout the entirety of the project that Fire Station #8 would need to operate as a full service station. Working as the general contractor, the project scope included demolition of the existing fire-house originally built in the 1950’s. Accommodations were made on the rear of the property to provide for temporary quarters, trucks and equipment during construction. The design also incorporated a piece of architectural history from the existing building. Using brick saved from the original structure, a large number ‘8’ was formed into the brickwork on the rear exterior wall of the facility.